Working with metals and stones can be quite cumbersome. You are likely to take longer at the job site and even use a lot of effort. Luckily, you can escape this by simply using an air hammer. This simple tool turns on air pressure into a formidable force for smashing rocks and stones. They are also great for breaking metal objects. Different air hammers produce different amount of blows per minute. And it is these blows that help determine whether a unit is powerful or not. That being said, we have collected a number of brands in these top 10 best air hammers reviews to help you land the best product.
- 1. Ingersoll Rand 114GQC Rand Air Hammer
- 2. DEWALT Air Chisel Hammer (DWMT70785)
- 3. Ingersoll-Rand 122MAXK air Hammer Kit
- 4. Chicago Pneumatic Heavy-Duty Air Hammer (CP714)
- 5. Ingersoll Rand Super Duty Air Hammer (121Q)
- 6. Sunex SX243 Hd 250-Mm Air Hammer
- 7. Astro Pneumatic Tool 4980 0.498” Air Hammer/Riveter
- 8. Chicago Pneumatic Air Hammer (CP7150)
- 9. Ingersoll Rand 121K6 Air Hammer with 6-Piece Chisel Kit
- 10. EXELAIR by Milton EX4405KIT (44-Piece Air Tool Accessory Kit)
1. Ingersoll Rand 114GQC Rand Air Hammer
This standard-duty air hammer from Ingersoll Rand is useful whether you are fixing exhaust systems, making general repairs or cutting panels. It is powered by an air compressor, and this enables it to deliver a stroke of 2-5/8” and blows-per-minute (BPM) of 3,500. In addition, this high performing air hammer boasts a quick-change retainer that ensures easy swapping of chisels. It also boasts a rugged sports design that enables it to deliver a solid performance on a consistent basis. The air hammer comes with a 3-piece chisel set to give you all the convenience you need. Plus it is backed by a 1-year warranty that protects it against manufacturer’s defects and poor workmanship. It has an ergonomic grip to make sure that you enjoy using it. In our opinion, you should consider it because it has everything in its locker.
- Removes tiles with ease
- Great quality for the price
- Extremely comfortable in the hand
- Well balanced; neither too hot nor too cold
- The manufacturer is reputable
- Ships quickly and without any issues
- Could be a little more powerful
2. DEWALT Air Chisel Hammer (DWMT70785)
All of us know that you cannot go wrong with DEWALT’s products. That’s why we are proud to let you know of this air hammer. Featuring a lightweight aluminum body, this unit is super easy to control to get exceptional results. Ideally, the body has a medium barrel design that helps enhance the performance of this air chisel hammer. The handle of this unit is also worth mentioning because it is no ordinary handle. It is a shock-absorbing handle, which ensures that you are totally comfortable while using the air hammer. Additionally, this model boasts a touch control trigger, which allows for easy user control. It features a ¼-inch air inlet, and it works at an impressive speed of up to 2,600 beats-per-minute (BPM). It accepts .401” chisel shanks and comes with 3 chisels to choose from.
- Works great at removing thin set
- Comes with 5 attachments
- Heavy and well made
- Can be used in a professional setting
- Chisels work without any issues
- Helps save time by getting jobs done fast
- Not the most powerful, but gets the job done
3. Ingersoll-Rand 122MAXK air Hammer Kit
We know you want to get the job done comfortably and within no time. That’s why we are viewing this air hammer kit. It includes an air hammer, 5-piece chisel set, and quick-change retainer. In addition, this kit comes with a carrying case to help you keep all of these items. It will provide you with the punch you need to get the job done in no time. Ideally, it is designed with optimum comfort in mind. And this can be proven through the anti-vibration feature that minimizes tool vibration by more than 30-percent compared to standard air hammers with similar features. The quick-change retainer it comes with ensures faster changeover of chisels, and this helps save time. This kit is also designed to deliver more power. We believe that it is worth spending on.
- Feels comfortable in the hand
- Makes getting bolts on steering collars a breeze
- Great for hammering out bolts
- The trigger works well
- Feels nice and has immense power
- Easier to use and helps save time
- Attachments could be better
4. Chicago Pneumatic Heavy-Duty Air Hammer (CP714)
Professionals who want nothing but the best results should consider this heavy-duty air hammer. It is perfect for a wide range of applications such as king pin bushing removal, riveting, front end, bolt shearing, and exhaust. Although it is super-duty, this air hammer weighs only 3.33 pounds. And this means you will not have problems maneuvering it to get the results you want. It boasts 2000 BPM; therefore, expect it to deliver peerless performance on a consistent basis. In addition, this air hammer has a hose size of 3/8”. Chicago Pneumatic believes in its performance and durability. That’s why they have backed it with a 2-year warranty. The manufacturer has also included a positive action trigger to ensure precise control over speed range because of the spool valve. Get this model and you will never regret it.
- Appears to be super durable
- A better alternative to hammers
- Has an incredible trigger control
- Ideal for bucking rivets
- Arrives fast to eliminate any inconveniences
- Makes a great gift for a mechanic
- Could have more power
5. Ingersoll Rand Super Duty Air Hammer (121Q)
This super-duty air hammer from Ingersoll Rand will help you make fast work of shearing, bushing driving, crimping and cutting, and general front end work. It offers a high performing touch trigger for optimum control. What’s more, it boasts a sturdy 1-piece alloy barrel, which offers long life for maximum performance. The air hammer produces 3000 blows per minute, and this enables it to deliver the results you want. It is effortless to maintain, considering that it includes “easy out” throttle valve assembly. Moreover, it comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty to protect it against defects and poor workmanship. Because of how this tool is designed, we are positive that you will love it. It is versatile, and, therefore, can be relied on for many different applications. It not only features a trigger control but also comes equipped with a built-in power regulator.
- Small, compact, and strong
- Great for removing ball joint and u-joints
- Knocks out valve guides nicely
- Produces a lot of power
- Seems to have great quality
- The longevity leaves a lot to be desired
6. Sunex SX243 Hd 250-Mm Air Hammer
According to most customers, the Sunex SX243 model is one of the best air hammers out there. It is packed with a number of great features that work together to make it a formidable force. The features make it super versatile and reliable. For this reason, you can use this air hammer for such applications as hammering, spraying, drilling, driving, sanding, cutting, and grinding. The tool will supply you with unrivaled power, exceptional value, and unmatched flexibility. It produces 2,200 blows per minute; thanks to its long barrel design. Ideally, it features aluminum alloy housing that has an ergonomic comfort grip to make sure that this air hammer feels really nice on the hands. The Sunex SX243 is very easy to adjust. And that is because of the built-in knob. Its air inlet is ¼ npt, while the stroke and the bore are 3-3/4” and ¾” respectively.
- Seems to be well made
- Makes jobs it is intended to do much easier
- Strong enough to withstand the rigors of daily use
- Can be used in commercial fleet maintenance
- Delivers great power for outstanding performance
- Not the most powerful in the market
7. Astro Pneumatic Tool 4980 0.498” Air Hammer/Riveter
Built with maximum power, this air hammer is the perfect package for industrial, automotive, and heavy-duty off-road applications. It is versatile just like the other high functioning brands. This means that it will make your life more convenient than ever before. You can use it for heavy-duty servicing of king pins, bushings, truck, and many more. You can also use it to install and remove rivets in I-beam suspension. Despite accomplishing high demanding jobs, this air hammer only weighs 4.8 pounds. For this reason, expect to have a really easy time maneuvering and controlling it. Its speed of 1800RPM is incredible. Plus it has a stroke of 2-11/16” and a bore of 3/4”. If you are a mechanic, then this air hammer should be a frontier for you because it is designed to deliver when needed.
- It helps to save a lot of time
- Makes users do automotive work like pros
- Produces amazing power for outstanding results
- Versatile enough to do everything it is intended to
- The manufacturer is reputable
- The price is quite on the higher side
8. Chicago Pneumatic Air Hammer (CP7150)
Since this air hammer can withstand rugged use, it is no doubt the best bet for heavy-duty applications. Its sturdiness and ruggedness are further supported by the 1-year parts and labor warranty. Well, this will give you confidence knowing that Chicago Pneumatic stands behind this product. Furthermore, this model is one of the most powerful air hammers in its class. And such powerful performance is because of a stunning feature like the longer piston stroke. Another great feature that contributes to the performance of this air hammer is the integral muffler, which reduces exhaust sound. Furthermore, the air hammer is equipped with an ergonomically-designed handle that adds comfort to make it extremely easy to use. This tool produces 2100 blows per minute, and its hose size is 3/8”. In addition, the length of this air hammer’s piston stroke is 3-1/2” and the bore diameter is ¾”.
- Appears to be well built
- Hits a lot harder for incredible results
- The price is competitive
- Removes concrete pretty effortlessly
- Strong enough to be used every day
- Large; hence, can be tough to get in places
9. Ingersoll Rand 121K6 Air Hammer with 6-Piece Chisel Kit
If you do not want to be disappointed by your purchase, consider buying from a manufacturer with vast experience. Well, one manufacturer that you should not overlook as far as experience is concerned is Ingersoll Rand. Boasting a 100-year experience, this company knows what it takes to produce a premium quality air hammer that is liked by everyone. That being said, their air hammer is well made, and it even has a professional touch trigger to provide you with total control. It comes with a 6-piece chisel kit that has up to 6 chisels to choose from. This tool also boasts a tough 1-piece alloy barrel that helps improve its durability. And as far as performance is concerned, this air hammer produces up to 3,000 blows per minute.
- Chisels fit perfectly and work nicely
- Super comfortable to use
- Versatile; it removes tiles, punches a hole through concrete etc
- Holds up well to the frequent use
- Works a lot easier and much faster
- The longevity of the chisels leaves a lot to be desired
10. EXELAIR by Milton EX4405KIT (44-Piece Air Tool Accessory Kit)
The essentials that are included in this kit are Impact Wrench, which offers up to 500 ft. lbs of power, thereby, producing a great power-to-weight ratio; air hammer, which produces up to 4,500 BPM; a grinder with a speed of 25,000 RPM, ratchet, and a blow gun. These essentials make this air tool and accessory kit perfect for those who are trying out their DIY skills as well as those who need to tackle industrial projects. It is a high performing air collection kit that has what it takes to get the job done in a snap. This kit also comes with handy air accessories, which include socket extension, inflation needles, chisel/point, two hand wrenches, set of three blow gun nozzles, a bottle of pneumatic oil, tire gauge, dual air chuck, M-Style plugs, spring retainer, pipe threading tape, and 10 grinding stones.
- The build quality is spot on
- Good for the price
- Makes a great Christmas gift
- Can be very helpful in tricky areas like the desert
- Tools work as advertised
- Because of the numerous pieces, getting a defective tool is easier than expected. But the manufacturer has good customer service support.
We know that all you want is to end up with an appropriate air hammer at the end of the day. That’s why we have provided you with air hammers of all sizes and shapes. Ideally, we managed to find some that come with other pieces such as chisels and trigger. This means you will not leave this page empty-handed.