Rechargeable batteries are replacing disposable batteries faster than expected. And this is because of the benefits they bring to users. First, they are eco-friendly; hence, are highly recommended by everyone including environment experts. Second, rechargeable batteries are economical, given that one can be recharged several times, and this will save you the hassle of having to buy a pack of batteries every now and then. However, you cannot enjoy the benefits of a rechargeable battery if you do not have an AA battery charger.
The AA battery charger charges many different kinds of batteries (Ni-MH, Ni-Cd, and LiFePO4 batteries, among others), and this helps promote convenience. They are compact and lightweight; therefore, you can easily carry them when you are going on a camping trip or hiking trip and you have a gadget such as a flashlight or a camera with you. To give you a clue about what to go for, we have provided the following top 10 best AA battery chargers reviews.
- 1. La Crosse Technology Alpha Battery Charger (BC700-CBP)
- 2. EBL Smart Battery Charger
- 3. AmazonBasics Battery Charger (Ni-MH AA & AAA)
- 4. Nitecore New i4 Smart Battery Charger
- 5. SunJack USB Battery Charger
- 6. EdisonBright NITECORE New i4 2016 smart battery Charger
- 7. Kinden Batteries Charger with Car Charging Port
- 8. EBL 40Min iQuick Smart Battery Charger
- 9. KINDEN 18650 Smart Battery Charger
- 10. KENTLI CHU4 USB Charger
1. La Crosse Technology Alpha Battery Charger (BC700-CBP)
The La Crosse Technology BC700-CBP model is everything you need, and we’ll tell you why. First, it is backed by a limited 1-year warranty to give you all the confidence in buying and using it. Second, it is built with convenience in mind, considering that it has 4 modes of charging, refreshing, testing, and discharging. It is also versatile, and, therefore, can charge up to four rechargeable NiCad and NiMH AA and AAA batteries. Another reason why you should consider this battery charger is that it has a safety mechanism. As such, it will detect overheating early enough, thereby, keeping you safe through and through. It measures 5” long by 3” wide by 1-1/2” high, so expect to have an easy time handling it.
- The intuitive interface makes it easy to use
- Lengthens the lifespan of batteries
- Small and well built
- Cost effective and works great
- Lasts longer to give you maximum satisfaction
- Does not detect a totally drained battery; it says “NULL”
2. EBL Smart Battery Charger
That is another battery charger that is worth talking about. We like the fact that it can charge up to 4 AA, AAA, C, D rechargeable batteries. Additionally, it can charge up to two 9V Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries. Another feature that we would like to point out is the independent charging slot that will let you charge different size batteries freely. Besides, there is the AC and DC design that is applied to worldwide voltage (AC 100 – 240V 50/60Hz) to ensure that it is convenient everywhere. Should this battery charger detect improper input voltage, non-rechargeable batteries or short circuit, it will stop charging automatically. Still on safety, this battery charger boasts a constant current charging mode that protects batteries against current fluctuation.
- The price is competitive
- Shuts off automatically to improve safety
- Inspects and revives the battery if it has fallen to 0V
- Easy to use; simply slide your rechargeable battery and power on
- Charges different types of batteries simultaneously
- Not the best for charging heavy gadget because it does not give strong power
3. AmazonBasics Battery Charger (Ni-MH AA & AAA)
We do not want you to try out this battery charger because it is a product of Amazon but we want you to consider it because we believe it is one of the best. It is a 4-hour battery charger that comes equipped with a reliable USB charge port for charging your USB devices and keeping them running. With it, you will be able to avoid all the inconveniences that come with low voltages. And this is down to the fact that it features a slim profile and retractable plug to let you travel with it and use it anywhere. Another feature that makes us consider this battery charger as one of the best is the integrated switching power technology that allows the gadget to be used worldwide.
- The wall plug folds up for easy storage
- ETL tested for safety and quality
- Easy to know when charging is complete
- The price is unbeatable
- Easy to travel with and use anywhere
- Cannot charge 1 battery per circuit
4. Nitecore New i4 Smart Battery Charger
The Nitecore New i4 Smart Battery Charger is compatible with innumerable batteries. And that’s why we feel we are privileged to have it in these reviews. It works with Li-ion, IMR, LiFePO4, Ni-MH, and NiCd: AA, AAA, C, and D. Additionally, this smart battery charger is made of fire-resistant and flame retardant PC material to give you an assurance that it will work longer. It automatically detects the battery status as well as displaying charging progress, making it very easy to use. It is also capable of charging up to 4 batteries at the same time, and this further makes it a convenient package. Now you know why we are so happy to have this battery charger on our list.
- Allows batteries to fit in nicely and with ease
- Works with all AA and AAA rechargeable batteries
- Charges batteries faster than other most brands with similar features
- Automatically detects the type of rechargeable battery
- Stops charging when the battery is at capacity
- Does get a bit warm
5. SunJack USB Battery Charger
Apart from home, you can use this USB battery charger on the go. And this is because of its convenient and slim design. It is also sturdy, meaning you can use it anywhere including at the beach, on a camping trip, or when traveling. Like most battery chargers we have reviewed above, this one is compatible with several rechargeable batteries. On that note, it works with AA and AAA Ni-MH, Ni-Cd, LiFePO4, and Alkaline batteries. It also works very well with the SunJack 10000mAh Quick-Charge battery. What’s more, this battery charger monitors each battery and then charges it to capacity. This means you can mix and match different batteries in the same charge. Its 1A charge rate charges a wide range of Ni-MH AA batteries to capacity in only 4 – 5 hours.
- Great for camping and kids’ toys
- Helps in saving money and conserving the environment
- Makes charging batteries on the go a breeze
- Can charge one battery at a time
- Directs more charge into the battery without overheating it
- The light indicator does not work properly
6. EdisonBright NITECORE New i4 2016 smart battery Charger
Another product that we would like to bring to your attention is the EdisonBright NITECORE New i4 2016 Battery Charger. Well, this is because it works with several batteries including Li-ion, IMR, LiFePO4 (10340, 26650, 10350, 25500, 10440, 22650, 10500, and 21700, among others), Ni-MH, and Ni-Cd (AA, AAA, C, and D). In addition, it comes equipped with the ACD (Active Current Distribution) technology that disperses charging current to the maximum amongst installed batteries. The battery charger also has the Reverse Polarity Protection that enables it and the battery it is charging to escape damage. Lastly, this battery charger does not come alone; when you buy it, you get the EdisonBright BBX3 battery carrying case and an in-car charging cable.
- Automatically detects the battery type in each slot
- Charges batteries much faster than other several brands in the same class
- Batteries are easy to insert for charging
- Seems to look after batteries
- Each charging slot is completely independent
- Instructions are quite vague
7. Kinden Batteries Charger with Car Charging Port
It is obvious that you like things that work effectively and faster. That’s why we have thought it wise to include this battery charger in these reviews. It charges 5 times faster than normal charging time since it provides a current of 1A. As a result, you will not have to wait longer to get your rechargeable batteries running. Because of its fast charging time, you may be skeptical that this charger may damage your batteries. But this is not the case since it automatically powers off should the temperature goes past 60 degrees Celsius. This means it will protect not just batteries but also circuits. Still on safety, the manufacturer of this unit has included a Clamshell designed cover that will protect your children and the elderly from danger.
- Does not overheat batteries
- Charges any battery combination
- Charges batteries really faster
- Heavy duty and really well made
- Its price is great, given that it is a universal charger
- Instructions issued are insufficient
8. EBL 40Min iQuick Smart Battery Charger
EBL makes high functioning products. That’s why we trust their iQuick Smart Battery Charger. Well, they have equipped the unit with a unique 4 bay USB individual design, thereby, allowing it to charge 1, 2, 3, 4 AA and AAA Ni-MH batteries freely. Since it is designed to charge batteries quickly and help you avoid all the inconveniences that come with slow charging, this battery charger features Fast Charging Technology that allows it to charge batteries in just 2-1/2 hours. For such a short charging time, you will expect the gadget to charge only one battery. Nevertheless, this is not the case, as it can charge up to a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries. This battery charger is also equipped with advanced MCU system for safe use.
- Each battery slot has its own indicator
- Charges fast to spare you all the inconveniences
- The compact size makes the charger easy to travel with
- Strong enough to withstand a hostile environment
- Individual indicator lights are accurate
- The charger may have a few defects, but the manufacturer is always ready to help
9. KINDEN 18650 Smart Battery Charger
It is recommended that you use an eco-friendly and safe smart battery charger. That’s why we are happy to let you know that these reviews have one. The KINDEN 18650 Smart Battery Charger is made of a fire-resistant PC+ABS material to make sure it does not cause devastating effects to the environment. Besides, it is resistant to low temperature and scratch; hence, it will give you reliable performance even in an adverse weather condition. We also like the fact this battery charger charges several batteries such as 4.2V/4.35V Li-ion, 3.6V LiFePO4, Ni-MH, and 1.48V Ni-Cd. It has a large LCD display that states the charging time, current, voltage, battery type, battery capacity data, internal resistance, and mode. Furthermore, the battery charger is backed by a 3-year warranty.
- Charges several types of batteries
- Well made and has a strong case
- The visual looks are at par
- The LCD display is large for easy visibility
- Very accurate and works great
- Instructions could be better
10. KENTLI CHU4 USB Charger
The last product to close our reviews is the KENTLI CHU4 USB Charger. And according to us, it is one of the best because it is 100-percent authentic. It also comes with original KENTLI batteries, and we believe that this gives it an edge over competition. Besides, the battery charger comes equipped with automatic lights to indicate the charging status of your battery. These lights turn red to indicate that the battery is charging and green when the charging is complete. This charger is also built with convenience in mind since it will let you charge by a computer USB port, power adapter or portable power source. That being said, the unit is equipped with intelligent detection IC, which allows it to automatically adjust the distribution of the best current to ensure the security of the input source.
- Comes with up to 4 batteries
- Convenient, authentic, and reliable
- Batteries can be recharged up to 1000 times
- Works with a variety of input currents
- Lightweight for maximum portability
- Compatible with KENTLI AA lithium batteries only
Buyer’s Guide for the Best AA Battery Charger
Unless you don’t sweat for your money, you must make sure that it is well spent at all times. On that note, you must go through a detailed buyer’s guide before choosing a battery charger. Luckily, you won’t look for such a buyer’s guide elsewhere, as we have one right here. So, let’s get started.
- Eco-friendly and Safety
It is important to go for an AA battery charger that is built with safety in mind. Such battery chargers always have features that protect the battery from overheating and damage. They, therefore, give batteries longer lifespan. Additionally, an AA battery charger made with safety in mind will not be dangerous to your health and the environment, considering that they do not become hot or emit a toxic smell, which is common in chargers that charge batteries until they overheat.
- Battery Compatibility
Before you buy an AA battery charger, make sure that it will work with your rechargeable battery. This is because the return process can be cumbersome not to mention consuming a lot of time. If possible, try to get universal battery chargers that are compatible with many rechargeable batteries, considering that you are highly unlikely to stick to one brand of rechargeable batteries.
- The Portability
One of the main reasons why you are buying an AA battery charger is that you would not like to be inconvenienced with a dead battery while you are far away from home, perhaps on a camping trip or traveling. Therefore, be sure to choose a compact and lightweight unit that is very easy to carry in your backpack or anywhere you would like to keep it.
- The Number of Battery Slots
The number of battery slots determines the number of batteries an AA battery charger can charge at one go. That means the more the slots, the higher the number of batteries a charger can charge. So, if you have many batteries to recharge, try to look for a battery charger with several slots.
- Charging Speed
The best AA battery charger charges batteries faster than others, which are somewhat not the best. Generally, an AA battery charger should charge batteries for 2 – 7 hours, depending on the input power. Anything past the 7-hour mark should not be considered, as it may cause inconveniences by making you wait for a long time.
If you travel always and you have a gadget like a camera, you know what it means to have a dead battery in the middle of “nowhere”. That’s why it is important to go for one of the above AA battery chargers. They are compact, and, therefore, can be carried anywhere and used at any time. In general, they help promote convenience and reliability.