Camping is one of the best, memorable moments in our life. It gives us the opportunity to steam off and relax after a week’s hard work. And like most outdoor activities, camping needs equipment. Well, one of the essential items you need to take with you when going for a camping trip is a camping tent. Today’s camping tents not only protect us from the scorching sun but also they keep us safe and dry throughout the camping experience.
Most of them are also spacious enough to accommodate a great number of campers. And this does not mean they are heavy. On the contrary, they are very lightweight for optimum portability. Furthermore, they are easy to set up with the longest time a portable tent likely to take being 5 – 10 minutes. In general, modern camping tents are the best camping tents we have today. But before you rush to the market to get one, we advise that you go through the following top 10 best portable camping tents reviews to have a clue on what’s out there.
1. Swift-n-Snug 2 Person Camping Tent (Yellow/Gray)
The Swift-n-Snug is an easy to set-up tent with only 5 – 10 minutes needed. Ideally, it is very light and this makes it perfect for traveling and camping. The fact that it is a 3-season tent means it is suitable for dry, warm weather. The portable camping tent also provides good airflow and keeps insects out, to ensure you enjoy your time out. And it measures 6’7” long by 5’ wide; thus, it’s perfect for couples.
· 190T polyester construction: It is strong and durable to the extent that it will not rip off.
· Strong poles: Enhance the firmness of the tent to ensure you remain sheltered in windy conditions.
2. Outsunny Portable Camping Tent (with Air Mattress & Sleeping Bag)
The best camping tents on the market have everything you need to make sure you are comfortable while camping. Well, the Outsunny Camping Tent is in this class, and therefore, it is equipped with everything including a sleeping bag and an air mattress, as well as a pillow and sheets. It makes sure you bring the comfort of your bedroom right inside the tent.
· Elevated platform: Ensures you are warm and cozy by keeping you off the ground and away from rodents, insects, and moisture.
· Zippered door: It is large enough to be used as exit and entry.
3. G4Free 2-3 Person Portable Beach Tent
Made by one of the best manufacturers who value their customers, G4Free Portable Cabana Beach Tent comes with a guarantee that gives you the opportunity to ask for a refund or replacement if at all you are not satisfied with the product. It is oversized at XXL, meaning it is around 20-percent bigger than most tents in the same class. In fact, it can accommodate up to 4 adults. The G4Free Portable Tent is arguably the best portable tent on the market.
· Innovative pop-up design: You don’t need to assemble anything.
· Double type B dense interwoven mesh: Enhance ventilation.
· Fixed, 2 built-in sand pockets and 4 fixed bands: Keep the tent firm against strong wind.
· 170T silver coated fabric: Provides shade while offering protection against UV rays.
4. Picnic Time Manta Portable Wind Shelter
Portable tents are numerous on the market, and you need to be keen to get the best one. Well, Picnic Time Manta Portable Wind Shelter is one of the high quality tents you’ll ever come across. It protects the skin from adverse elements, while giving you the opportunity to enjoy fresh air. Moreover, its compact design allows for quick and effortless set up.
· Lightweight polyester shell and wire frame: They have metal stakes and tie-down cords that keep the tent anchored.
· Built-in floor: Offers a barrier to wet grass, sand, and cement.
· Zippered mesh: Allows for cross ventilation.
5. SEMOO 5 Person Tent for Camping
Capable of accommodating up to 5 people, the SEMOO 5 Person Tent is one of the most spacious waterproof camping tents. It makes sure that your guests and your valuable contents are not just safe but also are dry throughout your camping experience. Despite boasting an extremely durable polyester material, this tent is lightweight and perfect for traveling.
· Large semi-circle/half moon door: Makes the tent easy to access.
· Mesh door, windows, and roof: Provide optimum ventilation, while offering protection from unwanted insects and pests.
· High strength fiberglass frame: Offers stability during rainy weather.
· Convenient inner pockets: Can be used to store daily necessities.
6. Coleman 4 Person Tent
Reconnect with the outdoors through this portable tent from Coleman. It comes with a 1-year limited warranty and measures 9’ by 7’, allowing it to accommodate up to 4 people. Moreover, it has a rugged 1000D polyethylene floor, which is a bathtub style to help protect against extreme weather conditions.
· Large door with a hooded fly: Ensures easy entry/exit as well as provide ventilation through the hooded fly even during rainy weather.
· Mesh vents on the roof: Offer additional ventilation.
7. Coleman 6-Person Screened Tent
The Coleman 6-Person Screened Tent is perfect for scout leaders, family car campers, and extended camping excursions. It is designed in such a way that it is easy to set up for ultimate convenience. It has a center height of 6’10” and a footprint of 17’ by 9’, meaning it is spacious enough to accommodate up to 6 people. In short, Coleman is one of the best camping tents on the market.
· Extra floorless screened room: Offers extra ventilation during warm days and is also a great place for meals and gathering.
· Comfort system: Allows control of airflow with Variflo adjustable ventilation.
· InstaClip attachments: Ensure easy setup with the 19mm steel poles.
8. Coleman 8-Person Cabin Tent with Closet
Bring all the necessities you have at home because the Coleman 8-Person has a place to store them. Spacious and with everything you can imagine, the Coleman 8-Person Cabin Tent is without doubt the best portable tent. Furthermore, it is 75-percent water resistant, just like most top performing waterproof camping tents.
· Hinged door: Ensures easy entry/exit.
· Built-in closet: Has shelves and a hanger bar that makes it easy to keep gear and clothes organized.
· Room divider: Offers privacy, which is important, considering the huge number this tent can accommodate.
9. Coleman 8-Person Portable Camping Tent (Red Canyon)
If you want to go for a weekend trip with family or friends, the Coleman 8-Person Tent is the equipment to carry along. It is so spacious that it can comfortably accommodate up to 8 people. In fact, it measures 17- by 10-feet, meaning each of the 8 individuals will have enough space to enjoy a weekend out.
· Removable privacy walls: Allows you to create up to 3 separate rooms.
· Cool-Air port & Variflo adjustable venting system: Allows you to adjust airflow and access gear.
· Shock-corded poles: Make tent setup a breeze.
· Weathertec system: Will keep you dry from unexpected rainy weather while you are out to camp.
10. Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
Wenzel is one of the leading manufacturers that make sure customers get what they want and are 100-percent satisfied. Well, their 8-person Klondike tent is one of those high quality tents that will never disappoint. First, it measures 16 feet long by 6.5 feet wide by 11 feet deep, so expect enough space for each of the 8 people. Second, it weighs only 27.3 pounds, despite its large size.
· Weather-repellent polyester: Has polyurethane coating for protection from rainy weather.
· Screened area functions: Act as sun room or second sleeping room.
Don’t let weekends bore you up; not when these high quality tents are on the market. They are waterproof camping tents that are designed to protect you in any weather condition; be it rain or sun. Additionally, they have ventilation for free circulation of air, thereby, making sure you are comfortable while inside. Others also boast special features such as closets where you can keep your necessities from home. So, the time is now; get one and elevate your camping experience!